Well, it's been a while since I've blogged, which is very abnormal for me, since I blog at least 4-5 times a week. The last two weeks have been extremely busy for me, filled with lots of travel and getting ready to leave. Which, yes, we are leaving the state's in June! We're excited, but there is so much to do before we can leave.
In the past two weeks, an exciting thing happened--I turned 30! Some people probably think I'm crazy, but I'm very excited to be 30! I've been anticipating this for a while.
As I reflected over my 20's, I realized so many great and sad things happened:
- I got married in January 2007.
- Moved 11 times (not including all the small moves that we made throughout that time--that would probably put us well over 20 times that we moved).
- Paid off 64K in debt (and have stayed debt free)!
- Lost our first child, Rose.
- Lived overseas in a couple third world countries.
- Got scuba diving certified. :)
- Learned a foreign language (this was a goal of mine and I did it! So exciting!).
- Worked through a ton of hurts, habits, and hang-ups that were keeping me back from living the life God wanted for me and found freedom. I'm still not perfect, but I have the tools to keep moving forward in these areas.
- Taught my first photography class in a university setting!
- Learned how to live out of a suitcase for a year (we're still living this one...we're ready for it to end).
- I had many "first time" experiences in many places (like trying new foods, visiting new places, doing different things, etc.).
- Had Salmonella-Typhoid. :) Probably shouldn't put this on the list, but I learned a lot during my 15 day stay in the hospital while my body fought this sickness. I've never been that sick before!
- and so much more!
My 20's will be hard to beat, as so many amazing things happened. Not everything in that list up there was exciting and fun, some of it was really hard to go through. However, I feel like all of these experiences have made me who I am today.
I am truly so excited for what's ahead in my 30's. I'm anticipating some great things!
So goodbye 20's--it was good while it lasted. :)